Natural light plays a major part in keeping your home bright and sunny. The need of extra warmth in your home can be easily generated by skylight without increasing the cost bill of energy utilized in your home. Presently many home owners are installing skylight fixtures in home.
Nowadays, even architects and interior decorators prefer to design the home roof walls in such a way that natural light enters and brightens each and every corner of the home space easily. It can be like installing large glass panes on the terrace tops, which can be even opened to let in fresh air.
Installing skylight features is not a do it yourself task because it is complex. You need to consult expert installer in your locality or ask any building contractor to recommend the best installers. The installers are well versed in locating the space for skylight to enter the room without jeopardizing the decor of home.
What you need to know about installing skylights?
- Plan well: It isn’t just drilling a hole from any angles on the wall. You need to visualize the effects and verify whether the powerful rays of sun don’t scorch the furniture. It will be beneficial to use grey or brown tinted glass instead of plain white transparent glass to be safe from ultra violet rays of sun.
- Falling of sun light: It is a misconception that the rays of the sun remain same all the time of the day. Most of the skylights on sloping roofs have long glazed glass panes, which may overheat the rooms if placed towards south and when placed in the north direction the room may not get enough heat or light during wintry days.
- To install large size skylights on the roof will be profitable as small sized ones won’t be able to give the needed daylight. Home owners have a misconception that installing charges of smaller skylights will be less.
- If you have a small space, best to have tubular skylights. It has an acrylic dome fixed on the roof to capture sunrays. It is connected with a steel or aluminum pipe to carry light through to the domed fixture in the room’s ceiling to diffuse light in the inner space.
. The cost of skylight depends upon many factors.
- Opening one or stationary skylight. Opening or sliding skylight costs more compare to fixed ones.
- The material of the frames. If you are buying polished steel frames or designed customized frames it will be costlier than normal aluminum frames.
- Whether the glass is plain, glazed, or shaded. Glazed or double layered glass will be costlier.
- The vendor from where you buy the equipments. If you buy from the manufacturer or place bulk orders, then surely you get it cheaper than the market price. Buying from wholesaler will be beneficial as they won’t add the retail price selling rate.
Adding skylights in your home will promote an elegant appearance to your home. Read and know more about skylights from links formatted by reliable marketing online vendors like Sunshineexperts.com.